Monday, June 13, 2016

I Don't Exercise for Myself

I exercise for my Husband.

He truly is my everything. We met when we were 16 and I have been head over heels ever since. We have been married for 3 ½ years now. He has supported me through school and the many ups and downs of being in the fitness industry. I am a personal trainer to many. I motivate, teach, and encourage others while I can tend to be discouraged and unmotivated myself. It can be hard when you are giving so much to others to then give back to yourself. You’ve heard that a therapist needs a therapist? Well I stand firm in the belief that a Personal Trainer needs a Personal Trainer. He is that for me.

In December of 2015 I made the “out-of-the-box” decision to compete in an NGA Bikini Competition with his support and backing. This was 100% out of my comfort zone. I am not one to go for something that will bring attention or possibly even cause some controversy. I am generally a conservative person so the spray tans and itsy bitsy bikini didn’t exactly fall in line with that. When my workouts were depleting me and I was eating Spinach like a cow eats grass, he was there. At every step of the way he was there. Many people have asked why I decided to compete. I chose to compete because I wanted to do something that would challenge ME, that would push ME, and that would teach ME about MYSELF. That was the truth. That is why I did it, well once Bryce convinced me that I could do it.

I wasn’t used to being that selfish. It is a quite uncomfortable position. My meal prep, my steady-state cardio, my lifts, my body fat, my meal timing, and my competition. For 16 weeks it was all about ME. I learned so much and grew immensely but when I stepped off the stage it was a huge rush of relief that it was over.


Now the competition and the prep is over (thank goodness!) and I am back into my regular routine. I still eat for fuel and train daily. However, it is with a complete shift in motivation. I exercise and fuel and train for HIM. I still enjoy it and it keeps me sane through the day to day. Although, keeping myself healthy and happy is for him most of all. It is to give back to him what he gives to me every day. It is so I come home acting like a normal person. It is so my body will be more equipped to one day mother his children. It is to be confident with him when it comes to intimacy. It is to feel free with my body and my relationship with him. When I am not at my best, our relationship is not at its best. So it is for him, which in turn is for me, and it is completely and wholly for US. 

That’s why I wear my Enso ring when I train. When I have just one more rep I can look at that ring and remember my WHY. What is your why? 

Get your enso rings here. I don't endorse many products but these guys are local and offer a quality product that I can't resist! 


No comments:

Post a Comment