Tuesday, June 14, 2016

5 Kitchen Gadgets and Tricks You Shouldn't Live Without

5 Kitchen Gadgets and Tricks You Shouldn't Live Without

1. Kitchen Aid

I use my Kitchen Aid to shred my chicken. That’s right--shred my chicken! Use the pictured attachment and place your cooked (I normally boil) chicken breasts. Turn it on and be amazed at what quick work this makes of your shredding! This attachment usually comes with your Kitchen Aid, but if you don’t have it, you can pick one up here.
*Make sure you get the right one for your size Kitchen Aid

 

2. Veggie Spiralizer

I love this thing! I personally prefer zucchini because it tends to spiral the best and it is easy as well. Do you have a sauce you LOVE on pasta but you are hoping for a PVF meal? This is a great alternative to pasta and, believe me, gives you more flavor and satisfaction. Add some cottage cheese, chicken, or ground turkey for your (P) or even ground beef for your (P) & (F). I got mine on amazon for only $10. 

 

3. Digital Probe Thermometer

This gadget!!!! I don’t’ know about you but the one thing I hate the most about protein prep is knowing if it is cooked thoroughly or not. This gadget takes all of the thought and worry out of it. Stick the probe into the thickest part of your meat and magnet the apparatus to the outside of your oven. It will tell you when your meat reaches a safe temperature. No more opening your oven or slicing open your meat (slicing open meat that is fresh from cooking releases its juices and makes it dry, let the meat rest for a few minutes for the juices to distribute and keep it yummy). I got mine for only $20 at Bed Bath & Beyond.

4. Potato Masher

What? This little thing? YES! Put your ground meat into your pan and you take your spoon to start breaking it up but you are left with giant and uneven pieces of meat. Not anymore! Use your potato masher to break up your ground meat.
*Don’t use a stainless steel one on your non-stick pans.*
If you are looking for a coated masher, I would give this one a try fromBed Bath and Beyond.

 

5. Small Scoop Colander

I LOVE this thing. I am all about minimizing dishes when I am meal prepping and this one saves so much space in the dishwasher. This is great for one serving of pasta, veggies (canned or steamed), or washing berries. I also found this item at Bed Bath and Beyond for only $7! P.S. Joseph Joseph, the makers of this, make my FAVORITE kitchen gadgets. 
Can you tell that: 1) I love a good deal, and 2) I love Bed Bath & Beyond? BB&B offers so many discounts and coupons that you almost never need to buy something full price. Like with anything, all of these items can usually be found at Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.

What are your gadgets and tricks?

As a fitness family we need to share things with one another to make leading a healthy lifestyle that much easier! Be sure to share your special items with us that you love! Hope one of these helps make your prep more enjoyable.
Love your Bud,
Aubri Goodfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment